So the "coalition" are too look at cheap alcohol and the retail "God" Tesco are backing them.Who are they to dictate to me what I do, legally I mean, I'm convinced that they by which I mean "The Coalition" are secretly setting up a department to turn us all into non smoking teetotal gay celebate islamic veggie's who all love the EEC.
I appreciate the reasons behind their self righteous policy "Binge Drinking" and I readily admit that it is something as a country we should not be proud of but, making acohol more expensive for everyone is NOT the answer.
I am 59 and I have to tell you that it has always been the same teenagers and the young have always "Imbibbed" not to the extent that it is now i'll grant you but I used to drink as a teenager ,yes I was one once, and we got drunk. But in those days if as a result of alcohol you caused damage or assaulted people you were dealt with appropiately by way of arrest fined or custodial sentence depending on the severity of the offence.
Today we have ASBO's well what a load of tosh I ask you that's much use as a plughole in a canoe. You might aswell leave a rump steak on your kitchen floor and tell your dog not to touch it and go out for the day.
Sometime ago in Brighton the Sussex Police came up with, now get this, "Handing out lollipops at weekends to revellers in the city centre "in the believe that it would calm them down, Stuff me just what planet are you people from for christs sake?
I'm not knocking the police I was one for many years but lollipops for drunken violent yobs .....come on pleeeease get a life. Flooding the town/city centres with flourescent clad coppers every weekend is not thev answer either it leads to confontation you can be there without being obvious but ready to deal with whatever .
I suppose i'm writing this because I drink, not every day mainly at weekends and I have to say I enjoy getting p****d perhaps I do drink more than the nanny states opinion of approved "Units" but that's my choice which brings me to the point of this "Rant" to the government of the day Stop trying to run our lives for us we are free and able to make up our own minds thank you.
Saturday, 22 May 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment